Friday, March 6, 2009

Levon Helm Band @ The Beacon Theater

Shot the Levon Helm Band at the Beacon last night for Paste Magazine. It was my first time to the Beacon since the $16 million renovation, and I was beyond impressed. From the ornate golden columns to the palatial lighting fixtures to the velvet seats that are "way too comfortable for a rock-concert", the apparently 1,000 person crew did a hell of a job restoring the Beacon to its vaudevillian interior it was widely known for 80 years ago. Oh - and aside from the venue, Levon Helm's 12-piece band was amazing, banging out hits from "The Band", as well as his last album 'Dirt Farmer'. Thank you to Levon's manager, Barbara O'Brien, for the photo pass and the backstage after-party pass after the show.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great shots- I think you were right next to you. I think you were friends with the 2 ladies standing next to me.
They were a wealth of Levon info.
Brian