Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breaking Ground on the Spies-Flatow Collaboration

A few weeks ago I had mentioned venturing out to Montauk to photograph artist Sue Williams for a piece that friend and talented writer, Michael Spies, was writing for the Village Voice. Today that article was published, so if you'd like to check it out, I suggest taking a walk to your local street corner, finding that big, red, plastic-y newspaper dispenser box, and grabbing a copy or two.

If you just can't manage to make it out of the office until later, or you have a weird disdain for cheap print and can't bare getting ink on your hands, then follow this link:

http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-09-10/art/sue-williams-digs-down-to-the-icky/

I just have to add - Michael did a terrific job on this article. I admit, I read the piece before I went out to Montauk to meet Sue (just so I can familiarize myself with her personality). He was tasteful and eloquent with his wording; simple, yet thoroughly descriptive, and he nailed Sue's character perfectly. When I arrived at her home, I knew exactly what to expect, making my job a hell of a lot easier. I look forward to many more Spies/Flatow collaborative projects in the future.

No comments: