Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dinner with Fran Drescher (and Zelma Davis???)

So I was asked to shoot an event at the Empire Hotel rooftop last night: "Cancer Schmancer", a benefit for Fran Drescher's organization whose goal is to raise awareness about fighting breast cancer while it's in stage 1 development. Little did I know that I'd be joining the Nanny and her friends for a private dinner before the party, at the Empire Hotel's 'Center Cut' steakhouse. Also in attendance was Zelma Davis. Oh you don't know who that is? Well it's the vocalist from C+C Music Factory, who later on gave us a private performance of "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)", along with some other golden gems. I kid you not.


Drescher and friends, enjoying dinner before the party


Detail shot of a lighting flixture in the entrance of 'Center Cut'


Zelma Davis, makin' me sweat


The iconic Empire Hotel "billboard"
on the rooftop patio

No comments: